Tuesday 10 June 2008

How we got started

I (Sian) got interested in Dowsing in 1994 and after reading a couple of books had a go at pendulum dowsing with a fishing weight. I found I had a facility for it and before long was using it every day. Fishing weights are excellent to start dowsing with as they are very cheap and come with a ready made hook on the top just waiting for string or cotton! I was using it for determining what vitamin tablets I needed, how many I needed etc. I was also using it in my practise for prescribing Bach Flower Essences, finding and correcting chakras and auras. It became an important, useful tool.

My friend's brother in Kenya is a "proper" Dowser and uses it to find water out in the bush and she wanted to learn more about it. So she and I did an intensive course in St. Albans learning much more about it and how to dowse over maps, earth energies etc. And then for several years got stuck and didn't hardly use it. I wanted to expand but didn't know what direction to go in. Then Jackie came along with the answer. she wanted to learn to dowse. I shall hand over to her for the next part.

I first met Sian about 10 years ago when I had a bad back and went to her for Reflexology (it worked!). During the following years I saw her occasionally for an Aromatherapy massage, usually as a gift from my daughter. My daughter studied Reiki and was a member of Sian's Reiki group. During a difficult time in my life, two and a half years ago, my daughter talked me into having a Reiki session with Sian. I went grudgingly as I would have much preferred a nice Aromatherapy massage and couldn't see the point of just laying there with someone's hands resting on me. I would rather have been at home doing the ironing! How wrong could I be!! It had a profound effect on me and not only has Reiki become an important part of my life, it was a catalyst for opening me up to "other"energies and hightened my intuition. After several meaningful discussions with Sian I thought that dowsing sounded very interesting and she has been teaching me to dowse for the last few months. I started with a pendulum, graduated to a bobber and I am now the proud owner of a pair of dowsing rods! I still have a great deal to learn but feel I am improving with each of our dowsing "adventures".

What to do now with our dowsing? We are really enjoying our discoveries and hope you will enjoy reading about them in our diary.

No comments: